Amber Ma is a New York-based artist and illustrator, and she is originally from China.
She has been attracted to creating art and storytelling. She has a strong passion for drawing, which led her to pursue MFA in illustration as Visual Essay from School of Visual Arts, NY.
Amber is deeply interested in creating monsters and fantasy creatures, who she believes share the world with us while hiding in secret places.
She also has extensive experience in visualizing the story and visual creativity.
The inspirations for most of the projects are from her childhood experience( under the one-child-policy), Culture mystery story and human daily life. She believes people can tell a story and the story is from life. Everything, every moment, every element could be a good story.
Her working medium normally are watercolor, sumi-ink,pen and color pencil.
- Available for freelance project or commission.
Feel free to contact me : firstname.lastname@example.org
- instragam: @amberwonderland
- BFA illustration- School of Visual Arts 2012-2015
- MFA illustration as Visual Essay- School of Visual Arts 2015-2017
Simon & Schuster , "Have Fun" Japanese restaurant , Natori
- Beyond Chinatown- illustrator Embellishes a Muji Catalog to Create Fantasies
- Daniel smith- Bring Life into Your Art – Watercolor Illustration, Wet into Wet on Hot-Press Watercolor Paper (better using safari to open)
- This is colossal- Watercolor Illustrations That Trace the Dark and Light Elements of Storybook Myths by Amber Ma
- hifructose.com-Amber Ma’s Whimsical, Personal Illustration
- mache.digital - Pinocchio Fores
- ballpitmag- @AMBERWONDERLAN
- sinovision.net- AMBER MA: CONSTRUCTING FAIRY TALE WORLDS WITH WATERCOLOR ILLUSTRATION
- supersonicart.com- Featured Artist I
- Featured Artist
- The glossary- Pinocchio Fores
- Society of illustrator Student scholarship 2016
- 3*3 illustration Annual no.14, Merit
Creative Quarterly Annual 50 Chosen, 2017
iJungle illustration 2017- Merit Awards
Circle Foundation: Artist of the Year- TOP 100 Artist award
Long list in Book illustration Competition held by Folio Society and House of illustration
- 2017 "Parallel", Light grey art lab,
- 2017 "The Thesis Show", SVA Chelsea Gallery, New York
- 2016 "The Book Show", SVA Gramercy Gallery, New York
- 2015 "Gone", SVA Gramercy Gallery, New York